|Join Date||October 17, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: October 17, 2004
- Joined Tower: December 9, 2004
- Raised Accepted: March 19, 2005
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 16, 2005
- Heart of the Red Ajah: About July 15, 2012 - September 30, 2012
- Sitter for the Red Ajah:
- Spring 2006
- Fall 2006
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2012
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Mistress of Accepted - July 14, 2007 - June 30, 2009
- Local Liaison - Anniversary Party 2008
- Local Liaison - Anniversary Party 2007
- Tar Valon Radio
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2005 - Denver, Welcome Committee
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Denver, Local Liaison, Food Committee
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Local Liaison
- Anniversary Party 2012 - Denver, Lead Decorating Committee
- Anniversary Party 2014 - Angelus Oaks, California, USA
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Red?'
I felt most comfortable being myself when I was with the Reds. I really didn't know any of them well, but the comfort level was still there, so I knew it was the right place for me. :)
- Are you like the Red in the Books? Do you dislike men? Are you a driven woman with her own goals in life?
I think in some ways I'm like a book Red. I'm rather driven in regards to my career and I hold to my belief/ideals even if they go against the grain. I don't hate men at all, I don't really think the book Reds did either. It was more of a coping mechanism so they could do their job.
- Do you have a favorite Red Ajah character from the novels?
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I started reading the books when the first one came out....so 90/91? I was in high school at the time.
- How did you first get into the series?
I loved reading fantasy, as did a few other friends. One bought the first book and shared. We swapped hard covers all through high school as none of us could afford our own set and we didn't want to wait for them to come out in paperback!
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
I love Matt, but I also have a soft spot for Thom.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?*;
Padan Fain/Ordieth/etc. has always kinda freaked me out.
- Favorite book and scene?
It's a scene from New Spring, when Lan and Moiraine first meet.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I would likely be a Blue Aes Sedai, although a Wave Mistress is a definite possibility.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I introduced a friend of mine to the books and she, in turn, went searching the web for more info on Robert Jordan. She came across the site and joined....and hounded me about it. Finally I took a look and signed up. That was ages and many many boards ago. She is no longer a member of the site, but I found my niche and am quite comfortable. My activity varies at times, but I'm always here!
- What do you do in "real life"?
I teach English as a Second Language (ESL) to elementary students, ages 5-11. I also have my principal's license and hope to move into administration one of these days.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I horseback ride, play World of Warcraft, camp/hike and read.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I enjoy classic rock, Bob Dylan, and a wide variety of other stuff....some from Top 40 radio, others (like the Smiths, Cure, and general 80s music) come from what I liked growing up. I have recently started getting into bluegrass.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
BBC America and the Syfy channels were made for me! I love Dr. Who, Warehouse 13, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, The Vampire Diaries...I'm sure you can see a theme here and guess others. I don't tend to watch a lot of comedies or procedural dramas, although I do love Bones.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
The Dresden Files, Harry Potter, books by James Rollins, Steve Berry and Clive Cussler
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
It was a toss up between Archeologist and Veterinarian.