Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- Hu and Tad take Bela and the wagon into the Winespring Inn's stable when Tam and Rand arrive on Winternight (TEotW, Ch. 2).
- Bran orders him and his brother to stable Fain's horses. Some of the villagers question them about what the Village Council intends to ask Fain (TEotW, Ch. 3).
- Tam briefly talks to them, most likely instructing them to harness Bela, before he and Rand return to their farm (TEotW, Ch. 4).
- When Perrin returns to the Two Rivers, he assumes Hu and Tad are mucking out the stables (TSR, Ch. 29).
- Faile asks if Mistress al'Vere could have Hu and Tad saddle her and Perrin's horses. A few moments later, the stablemen bring Stepper and Swallow up to them and disappear again (TSR, Ch. 44).
"Some peered in through the front windows of the inn, and a few even questioned Hu and Tad, though it was far from clear what they were supposed to know. The two stolid stablemen just grunted in reply and went on methodically removing the team’s harness." (Rand on the villagers and the stablemen; The Eye of the World, Chapter 3)