Author: Nairah Tarak
Nisao Dachen is Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah and bonded to Sarin Hoigan. She joined the Salidar Aes Sedai. She is a very short woman (TFoH, Ch. 50), diminutive with hard eyes. She is studying diseases of the mind (ACoS, Ch. 12).
- Nisao refuses to even speak with Nynaeve until she gives up her foolish notion of trying to Heal Siuan and Leane (LoC, Ch. 8)
- After Nynaeve Heals Logain, a lot of sisters, including Nisao, follow Nynaeve into the Little Tower and witness the Healing of Siuan and Leane (LoC, Ch. 30).
- Nisao agrees to help Myrelle to try to Heal Lan (LoC, Ch. 52). Myrelle and Nisao have been keeping Lan for twenty days. Nisao swears fealty to Egwene (ACoS, Ch. 12).
- Nisao and the other Aes Sedai who swore fealty to Egwene are still unsetteled with it. Nisao frowns constantly (TPoD, Ch. 16).
- Nisao and a couple of other Aes Sedai accompany Egwene and Gareth Bryne when they scout to Tar Valon (CoT, Ch. 16). Egwene and her party return to the Salidar Aes Sedai camp (CoT, Ch. 17).
- Egwene's Council accompanies her to the meeting of the Hall. Nisao gives advice on what the Sitters might do (CoT, Ch. 19).
- Early the next morning Nisao reports to Egwene that Anaiya and Setagana were murdered with saidin sometime in the night (CoT, Ch. 20). Nisao reports to Egwene that Kairen was murdered. Nisao is not in on Egwene's plan to turn the Tar Valon harbor chains to cuendillar (CoT, Ch. 30).
- After Egwene's capture, she doesn't gather with the other sisters sworn to Egwene (KoD, Prologue).
- She tells Romanda that she has been investigating Kairen and Anaiya on Egwene's orders but has only discovered that they and Cabriana were long standing friends
- She is one of the women sent to the Black Tower. She still has not returned weeks later when Egwene is freed (TGS, Ch. 45).
"I should never have listened to you," she growled. "I must have been mad!" (Nisao to Myrelle when Egwene and Siuan find out about Moiraine passing Lan's bond to Myrelle; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 12)
"There were no wounds, no injuries of any sort. No reason to think it was anything but a greedy farmer selling bad mushrooms. But..." She sighed, glancing over her shoulder again, and lowered her voice. "I suppose it was all the talk of the Black Ajah in the Hall yesterday. I tested for resonance. They were killed with saidin." (Nisao tells Egwene about the death of Anaiya and Setagana; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 20)