|Join Date||August 3, 2005|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: August 3, 2005
- Joined Tower: November 23, 2005
- Raised Accepted: April 5, 2006
- Raised Aes Sedai: September 21, 2006
- Heart of the White Ajah: July 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
- Integration Focus Group member: September 19, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Head of the White Ajah: June 26, 2009 - December 31, 2010
- Sitter for the White Ajah:
- Library Articles
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Creative Articles
- Lucia Faeldra, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Aryela Dashtahd, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah
- Hypollita Astraea, Novice
Other Tower Relationships
- Summer Euro Party 2007 - Driebergen, The Netherlands
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Summer Euro Party 2009 - Driebergen, The Netherlands
February 14 2008
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the White Ajah?
September 22nd, 2006 which made it an awesome early birthday present.
- Why did you choose White?
I felt that I fit best in White with my different sides. Other Ajahs I considered were not bad either, but I felt (and I still do) that White is the optimal for me.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books?
Well, I am not cold or arrogant, but I tend to consider different sides of the issue before leaping into action. I also like to find relative truths on various matters - I am a researcher in RL as well.
Are you like a rock and have a serene face all the time? Of course. *insert a stern Aes Sedai stare here*
Of course I do have feelings, they are just well hidden.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I was a citizen for five months or so and liked it very much. Then after Halloween and all the Novices getting stabbities made me want to apply to the Tower as well. Then, as Novice, I stayed over the minimum, as I did not feel the need to get to the next level just then. I got Accepted in April 2006, and took some time before petitioning to enter White. This was well before the Guesting system, though. Novicehood was really fun with the best roomies ever, Ilenna and Anirfyan and I regretted it when they got raised. Again I took my time getting raised to AS, but here I also got a daughter, which slowed me down a bit.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
I joined in the beginning of August, 2005, which makes it two years, three months and about fifteen days.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
At the moment I am only involved in some inside-Ajah stuff, image editing and the like due to RL constraints. Generally, I try to maintain an open viewpoint to all members and hope my posts reflect it.
- How did you get to read the Series?
I had read some fantasy during High School and found a half of the first book in Finnish in the local library. I have kept reading since, and am again in the Lord of Chaos for the umpteenth reread.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I am not bonded.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
My previous Mentee is nowadays Antarai Sedai of the White Ajah, but I recently got a new one, Hypollita.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
I like the Two Rivers' folk, even though they are not quite Andoran and the Aiel. At the moment my favorite character is Min.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I attended to Europarty 2007. It was fun, although the first night was a bit too noisy for my taste and I was really tired... It is also awesome how everybody had a book tucked somewhere, and if there was a quieter moment, people just begun to read. How cute is that? For me it was awesome to meet people I have chatted online for over two years, and continue discussions and the like. I did not feel ill at ease or anything. And we even went jogging with Annouk on Sunday morning.
- What kind of music do you like?
I am quite open to several music styles, but I tend to listen to rock. The only two I just cannot stand are rap and techno. They make me nervous and annoyed.
- What are your favorite movies?
This is always a tough one. Pride and Prejudice as the BBC mini-series was one of the best I have seen lately, and I also like the witty humor of some animations.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Go to the Europarty to meet the bunch of weird Tower folk? Run along the street naked trying to dry my bathing suit when I was 7 years old may also qualify.
- What job do you have?
I am a post-graduate researcher working towards my doctorate.
- Do you have a pet?
No, sadly, I am allergic.
- What languages do you speak?
I speak Finnish, English, French, Swedish in varying degree of fluency and I manage to mutilate German enough to be understood.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
- Randland or our world?
- Alviarin or Seaine?
- Books or movies?
- Candles or lamps?
Candles for atmosphere, lamps for reading.
- A short bio about yourself.
Born in 1980, I come from the land of 'Finn (i.e. Finland). Studied electrical engineering and got a Master degree in 2005. Married, one daughter. Likes: good jokes, good food, good company, good books (books make good company sometimes), applying algorithms and stuff to real-life problems Dislikes: idiocy, too much heat, insects in groups of more than 10, over-complicated mathematical proofs.