Marketing Project Manager
The Project Manager is the team lead and direct point of contact for the members of the Marketing Graphics Development Team (GDT). She/he will track all graphics requests and graphics projects for Marketing, ensuring that designers are assigned to each project, that work is completed on time, and that projects are not left undone. The Project Manager will help with the work load as needed, as an active designer.
The Project Manager uses and maintains the TarValon.Net CafePress account. She/he is responsible for adding and removing products, updating the look of the store, and handling any issues with or questions about the store.
Position Level: Administrator
Department: Department of Marketing.
Rotation: Non rotating position
Chain of Command
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Marketing--frequent communication between these positions is essential.
The Graphics Development Team report to the Marketing Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high standards of production for the GDT, encourage a positive work environment, and manage a timely input/output work flow of departmental graphics projects. Create graphics for projects as needed.
- Manage current product selections in the TarValon.Net CafePress store.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, GDT, and the Keeper to brainstorm ideas for new products and outlets for products.
- Maintain and update the visual look of the CafePress store including making all relevant graphics.
- Become familiar with the basic legal & financial aspects of both CafePress and TarValon.Net, and make sure all artwork and products are in accordance with copyright and other relevant laws.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, and be able to give and receive constructive criticism to/from other team members.
- Must be organized and able to work independently.
- Must own graphics editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, Corel Painter or Draw, Paint Shop Pro, or equivalent.
- Activity level: 10-20 hours per week on the boards/in IRC.
- Must have been a member of TarValon.Net for at least 6 months. Applicants may be of any rank.
- Must be familiar with or able to quickly learn the CafePress interface.4
- Must be experienced in one or all of the following areas: graphic design, web design, interactive design, typography, illustration, or visual arts. All applicants are asked to submit a portfolio of work with their application, either in the form of a personal website, CoroFlot site, a Photobucket album, a DeviantArt account, or equivalent. The portfolio must include at least ten examples of visual work in your area of specialty.
- Experience with web design and coding (HTML/CSS/others) and familiarity with creating graphics for the web are preferred.
- Knowledge of mIRC commands is an asset. (The Marketing Department utilizes IRC as a communications tool for brainstorming, project discussion, more.)
The position was originally known as Marketing Product Manager.
Marketing Project Managers