Maintaining Events Pages
This page is very much a work-in-progress.
1. Use the template Template:EventPage to create pages as new events are announced.
1a. Remove sections that aren't applicable (for example, Fall Ball doesn't have an Amyrlin's Tournament).
2. Add a "Next Year" link to the previous year's page, as well as the previous year's Attendance List, linking to the current year's page/list: "Next Year (20XX)".
3. Pages go into two categories: a yearly party category (for example, [[Category:2019 Parties]] ) and a party type category (for example, [[Category:Anniversary Parties]] ).
4. The Local Liaison and Location should be announced at the same time as the event. The dates often come later.
5. Logo: As soon as the logo is published, upload it through the toolbox menu. Logos go into [[Category:Party logos]].
6. Reviews: These are often found in the Tar Valon Times, but you can also ask attendees to write one in the event forum. It's a good idea to ask before the event, so people can be thinking about it, and bump the request thread soon after the event, while people are still checking the forum and it is fresh in people's minds.
7. Packet: As soon as the packet is published, upload it through the toolbox menu. Packets go into [[Category:Event Packets]].
8. Schedule: Add the schedule on its own page as soon as it has been published (it is found within the packet). Schedules go into [[Category:Event Schedules]] and a party type category (for example, [[Category:Fall Ball]] ).
9. Staff: Check with the MoR and Local Liaison, and update the relevant areas after the event, in case staff changed last-minute.
10. Ceremonies: Include Raisings, Bondings, First-Sibling ceremonies, and Weddings.
11. Philanthropy: Include the name of the focus as well as a link to their website, any raffles and fund raisers that may have been held, and how much was raised (both money and physical donations such as food or supplies).
12. Contests: Include winners as well as other participants, as participation is eligible for merits.
12a. The names of the Battle of Prowess and Battle of Cunning often change from year to year. Be sure to include the name of the competitions.
13. Attendance: After including the number of attendees, add information about how many guests were not official Tower members if applicable, as well as if there were other countries represented besides the host country.
1. Add attendees after the event is over, checking with the MoR for the official list to avoid including members who had to cancel last-minute.
2. attendance template
2. If people post links to photo albums in the event forum, ask them if they're willing to have those links added to the event page. The photos need to be publicly accessible.
Contact the MoR, Local Liaison, and Events Committee Head if there is one for information about event-related merits Events Participation Merit, and send them to the Archivist (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Awards Historian (email@example.com). Update the relevant areas after the event, in case staff or attendees changed last-minute.
2. Contest winners, and all the participants
2a. Amyrlin's Tournament
2d. Costume contest
2e. Committee members
5. Local Liaison
6. Logo artist
Other Pages Which Need to be Updated
1. Event Logos - be sure to get the name of the artist, and send the information to the Archivist and the Awards Historian.
5. Category:Community Group Event Attendance
1. Everything from Template:EventPage should be included.
1. If the event is small, there may not be full committees, just Heads.
2. There may or may not be official contests. For example, Britain and Ireland Party 2017 had the Highland Games. which were the equivalent of the Amyrlin's Tournament. If the tournament is renamed, update the name accordingly in the Contests section.
Fall Ball/Spring Fling/Aussie Party
1. If the event is small enough, there will not be committees, but be sure to check with the MoR and Local Liaison.
2. There will not be official contests, but any informal contests can be included for informational purposes.
1. Logos and other images on the event page can include the official JordanCon logo, badge art, etc.
2. For Local Liaison, put None.
3. There is not an official Tower Packet, although in 2019 JCon make a "New Member Packet" so that can be included for informational purposes.
4. For the Schedule, the only official Tower event is the Toast.
5. There will be no Committees.
6. The Con picks charities each year for their Philanthropy focus.
7. While Contests like trivia, costume contest, etc. do not count for merit purposes, if the winners are Tower members, they can still be included for informational purposes.
8. JordanCon posts official photo albums, which can be linked on the Picture Galleries page.