|Join Date||December 10, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
Magdalenna t'Zai is an Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah.
- Joined TarValon.Net: December 10, 2004
- Joined Tower: February 10, 2005
- Raised Accepted: August 3, 2006
- Aspired to the Gray Ajah: November 13, 2006
- Raised Aes Sedai: May 20, 2007
- Treasurer for the Gray Ajah: March 16, 2008 - November 1, 2012
- Head of the Gray Ajah:
- June 27, 2011 - October 10, 2011
- December 11, 2007 – July 17, 2009
- Sitter for the Gray Ajah: Spring 2010
- Heart of the Gray Ajah: October 2007 - December 9, 2007
- Library Articles
- Members' Choice Award: Aes Sedai Most Representative of her Ajah - 2009
- The Gray with the Most WoT Knowledge - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2008
- The Most Helpful Gray - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2008
- The Grayest Gray - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2008
- Most Supportive - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2009
- The Grayest of the Gray - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Gives the Best Advice - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Unsung Graytness of the Gray Ajah - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- The Most Like a Book Gray - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2011
- Gray Guide
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Fall Ball 2005 - Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Fall Ball 2006 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Fall Ball 2007 - Cruise from Los Angeles, California, USA to Ensenada, Mexico
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Fall Ball 2009 - Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Anniversary Party 2010 - Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
- Fall Ball 2010 - Washington, DC, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2014 - Angelus Oaks, California, USA
Senior Member Interview
January 29, 2008
- Why did you choose Gray?
I found I had the most similarities with the Gray sisters, such as my excessive procrastination. :p I felt more comfortable and a part of them than I did with any other Ajah.
- Are you like the Grays in the Books?
Actually, I really am. I tend to be the peacemaker within my family and friends. I have the ability to see both sides of the same argument and want only happiness and peace.
- Do you love politics and do you like to discuss a lot?
I wouldn't say I love politics, but I have a mild interest in them and definate views on the big issues. I tend to wait until the last minute to read up on political candidates before voting.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
Long, as I kept hearing from all those who joined at the same time as I did and rose to SM status while I was still novice. :p I only decided to move up in rank when I started feeling like I wanted more out of TV. As long as I was comfortable in my position, I didn't bother to get raised. It wasn't a race to me. :)
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
I joined TV December of 2004, so that's almost three years.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I'm currently planning an Angreal class with Lierra, and am planning on donating monthly soon.
- How did you get to read the Series?
I began reading in middle school. I had finished reading what the school library had of the Brian Jacques series Redwall and was looking for something new. I saw WoT books on the shelf and, though intimidated by the size of them, wanted a challenge, so I chose them. Also, we were having a sort of contest at the time where we would choose books, read them, and take a reading comprehension test afterward. If you passed the test, you were awarded a certain number of points that differed from book to book depending on reading level and length. The WoT books were, obviously, very high in points, and I wanted to win that contest. After that, I just got hooked. :p
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Favorite character is definitely Egwene. Favorite nation....probably the Aiel.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I've attended every TV official function since Fall Ball 2005. I love the RL functions because we get to socialize in person! Also, I've travelled more in the past two years than I have in my life because of RL functions, and I love that aspect of them.
- What kind of music do you like?
Oh lord. Too many to name. Top five bands/artists (which are difficult enough for me to choose) are: 1) Led Zeppelin 2) Tool 3) Radiohead 4) Kelly Joe Phelps (acoustic blues) 5) Shpongle (psychadelic techno)
- What are your favorite movies?
Great, another hard one! 1) The Hours 2) The Royal Tennenbaums 3) Robin Hood: Men in Tights 4) Amelie 5) Fly Away Home
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Probably driving home drunk during senior year of high school. Granted, I was driving on country roads, early in the morning (no other cars), going ten miles UNDER the speed limit, and was only three minutes (literally) from my house, but it was really really stupid of me! More recently, I booked my flight to this year's Fall Ball a day later than I should have, and just yesterday spent an extra $354 to correct my mistake. That was pretty damn stupid too...
- What job do you have?
I'm a 'Documentation Specialist,' which is a fancy name for a proofreader/copyeditor, really.
- Do you have a pet?
We live with two animals, but they aren't technically 'ours.' There's Sophie, a 2.5 year-old black lab mix who loves to eat apples and has boundless energy, and Tasha, a very old multi-colored cat who loves getting her chin and ears scratched. :p
- What languages do you speak?
Only English, sadly. :\
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I think I wanted to be a veterinarian for a while...then I wanted to be a singer.
- Lanfear or Moghedien?
- Seanchan or Shara?
- Candles or lamps?
Lamps. Much easier to read and write by.
- Party or lounging at home?
At this point in my life, totally lounging at home. Though the occasional party is quite welcome. :p
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm 22, recently married (9/22/07), and am living in Maryland. I am a huge snob when it comes to: beer, coffee, driving, music, movies, and grammer/writing. I have eclectic taste in music and will always choose a comedy over a drama when it comes to movies.