|Join Date||January 4, 2007|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 4, 2007
- Joined Tower: April 2, 2007
- Raised Accepted: July 6, 2007
- Aspired to the White Ajah: September 1, 2007
- Raised Aes Sedai: May 19, 2008
- Library Editor: January 2010 - Present
- White Ajah Historian: July 11, 2012 - April 3, 2017
- Sitter for the White Ajah:
- Olde Warder and Hen Forum Moderator:
- July 17, 2014 - December 31, 2014
- January 1, 2009 - July 1, 2009
- July 1, 2011 - December 31, 2013
- Tower Historian: October 21, 2010 - August 23, 2011
- Heart of the White Ajah: January 2011 - July 1, 2011
- Merit Badge Focus Group: July 1, 2010 - March 15, 2011
- General Forum Moderator: January 1, 2009 - July 1, 2009
- Translated the Old Tongue dictionary into Swedish
(Enya Tawarwaith - White Aes Sedai, Izabella Serra - Gray Aes Sedai) (Verified by http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=User:Loira_Al%27Ramoidra)
- Enya Tawarwaith, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Asine Dormandi, Novice
- Prewan Beldaim, Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah
- Izabella Serra, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
Other Tower Relationships
- First Sister
- Summer Euro Party 2008 - Waldmannshausen, Germany
- Summer Euro Party 2009 - Driebergen, The Netherlands
- Winter Euro Party 2009 - Skipton, Yorkshire, England
- Unofficial Summer Euro Party 2010 - Rauenberg-Rotenberg, Germany. Note, this was not an official TarValon.Net party
- Why did you choose White?
White was home. It's much about this often mentioned gut feeling, you really do know when you have found your home. The Whites...nothing beats their humor and the closeness we have. You have their full support no matter what happens. I like what the White Ajah stands for at TV.Net, the lurkiness, the stereotypical logic that while it may not make sense to anyone else, it makes sense to yourself.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books?
Nah, at least not in the earlier books. Maybe a TGS White though.
- Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
Haha, I wish! I’m too emotional for my own good, actually :p And I’m probably the least logical person I know…
- Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
Seaine… what’s not to like about her!
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I started reading the books in 2000 I think, so 11 going on 12 years now.
- How did you first get into the series?
My English teacher in 6th grade told me to go pick some thicker books than those I read at the time. WoT was the thickest I could find.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Lan. Much love on him.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
That would have to be Asmodean.
- Favorite book and scene?
Frankly I can’t tell the books apart, but I’ve liked all of them equally much… perhaps the first one, The Eye of the World, is more of a favourite than the others. There’s something special about the bits where Perrin and Egwene travel together. Fav scenes though are without a doubt the first Nynaeve and Lan moment with the horse/tracking, and the first Nynaeve and Lan kiss. Yup, I’m a Nynaeve and Lan fan :p
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Probably a female Warder type like Birgitte. Or an Aes Sedai spy.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
Uhm, like so many others I was googling info about the coming books, and stumbled upon the site. I decided to stay first of all because I thought it a great way to keep up to date with WoT news, but then also because I found some fun people to talk to. Staying on to become Senior Member was probably because I’m a very goal oriented person who’s always going for the next possible achievement.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm an assistant nurse in a nursing home.
- Do you have any hobbies?
TRAVELLING! Travelling is definitely my number one activity, it’s basically the only thing I do as soon as I got time and money over! But I also enjoy music and dancing, beer, reading, and movies… I’m a bit of a culture geek – I go to a lot of theatres, musicals, cinemas, et cetera.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Indie pop/rock, mostly. Classic rock too. Favs are Patrick Wolf, Owen Pallet, Florence + The Machine, Little Majorette, Queen, Marina and the Diamonds, Markus Krunegård, Frida Hyvönen, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Pat Benatar, Sex Pistols, The Divine Comedy, David Bowie... to mention a few :p
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I really don’t watch a lot of TV, but some series I like and follow are CSI: Miami and currently the new series New Girl (love Zooey Deschanel)… other series I like are The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Sherlock, Unit 1, Scrubs, Flight of the Conchords, Monarch of the Glen… and probably a few more that I can’t think of right now. Favourite movies are Boondock Saints, Gone with the Wind, Love Actually, Night Games, Smiles of a Summer Night, How to Train your Dragon, Billy Elliot, Delicatessen, and The Full Monty.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
The Deverry Cycle by Katherine Kerr, The Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings, Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, anything by Ken Follett, and Otherland by Tad Williams.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Cook, or baker. I still love cooking, but I’d never work with it today :P