A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Gerard Arganda is the first Captain of Alliandre's bodyguard (WH, Ch. 2) and also first captain of the reconstituted Leigon of the Wall (KoD, Ch. 29). He was a commoner, who rose from the bottom to his current rank (CoT, Ch. 7). He is quite competitive with Gallenne and neither wants the other to physically outdo them (CoT, Ch. 8). He is short, and stocky (KoD, Ch. 14).
- After Alliandre and Faile are captured, he has to be stopped from attacking the Aiel with Perrin to put them to the question (WH, Ch. 2).
- He sends his own men out to search, against Berelain's advice (WH, Ch. 5).
- He leads the lancers to a defensive position while Perrin meets Masema (CoT, Ch. 7).
- He is with Perrin when Elyas delivers his report on the Shaido (CoT, Ch. 8).
- He continues to mistrust the Aiel, even when it is clear the Shaido are separate (CoT, Ch. 25).
- He stays behind when Perrin goes to So Habor (CoT, Ch. 26).
- He is present when Galina is brought in front of Perrin and though he disagrees with Perrin, keeps his silence at a raised hand (KoD, Prologue).
- He attends the meeting with the Seanchan (KoD, Ch. 4).
- Perrin places Tam as his second, over Arganda, which he is not pleased about (KoD, Ch. 29).
- He takes part in the attack on Malden (KoD, Ch. 29).
- He asks to be allowed to ride ahead with Alliandre and when this is refused, for gateways so they can move away from the rest of the refugees (TGS, Ch. 9).
- He objects to Perrin taking on mercenaries as some of them may be deserters (ToM, Ch. 2).
- When Perrin disrupts the ground to scare the Whitecloaks, he disaproves, thinking it gives away an advantage (ToM, Ch. 26).
- Perrin asks him and Gallene where they would set up an ambush (ToM, Ch. 40).
- Perrin puts him on the left flank when they attack the trollocs (ToM, Ch. 40).
- He is very pleased with the outcome (ToM, Ch. 41).
- He rides ahead of Perrin to announce him when he enters Caemlyn (ToM, Ch. 47).
- He goes with Perrin to the Field of Merrilor (ToM, Ch. 53).
He is extremely loyal to Alliandre (This passage needs a reference).
He initially sees Gallenne as a rival, but he begins to see Gallene as less of a rival and starts talking to him more (ToM, Ch. 40).
"You listen to me! The First Lady Berelain says it was Aiel took Queen Alliandre, and there are Aiel sheltering behind those archers of yours. I have men who will be happy enough to put them to the question” (To Perrin, Winter's Heart, Chapter 2).