He was skinny (ACoS, Ch. 39).
He is a good soldier, but not very bright (WH, Ch. 17).
- He is one of the Redarms who have kept order in Maerone (LoC, Ch. 5; Ch. 44).
- He leaves Maerone with the Band (LoC, Ch. 5); after eleven days they are halfway to Tear (LoC, Ch. 22).
- Close to Tear, Rand opens a gateway and sends the Band to Salidar (LoC, Ch. 33).
- He is one of the dozen cavalry chosen to accompany Mat and the Aes Sedai to Ebou Dar (LoC, Ch. 44). Once in Ebou Dar, they take up rooms in The Wandering Woman (LoC, Ch. 48), until they are allowed to move into the barracks of the Tarasin Palace (ACoS, Ch. 28).
- He and the other Redarms wait in the stableyard of the Tarasin Palace, before the party sets out to the Rahad (ACoS, Ch. 37).
- He stays at the front of the six story building, where he, Gorderan and Metwyn are attacked by Darkfriends. Nynaeve Heals the Redarms who were injured (ACoS, Ch. 38).
- Finding the Redarms in their room near the stable, Mat sends them out in different directions to search for Olver, who disappeared (ACoS, Ch. 39).
- Mat wants to send the Redarms and Olver back to Talmanes and away from the danger the gholam poses, but they disagree, because Talmanes would skin them if they returned without Mat (WH, Ch. 17).
- Fergin, Gorderan and Metwyn are ordered to procure horses for Lopin, Nerim and Olver and leave Ebou Dar by the Dal Eira Gate. If they don't see Mat by sunrise the next day, they are to ride to Talmanes and the rest of the Band (WH, Ch. 30).
- They hide in Valan Luca's show (CoT, Ch. 1), and travel with them northwest (CoT, Ch. 2). During their journey, the Redarms apparently take turns on guarding Tuon and Selucia's wagon (CoT, Ch. 3).
- He and Gorderan put up the tent they share with Harnan, Metwyn and Vanin and grumble curses while doing so. When Fergin catches sight of Mat, he hits his thumb with his hammer, and complains to Mat why he does not hire horse handlers to do the job. Gorderan pokes him and says they would steal everything in the tent and he would not want his crossbow or saddle to disappear (CoT, Ch. 28).
- After Renna tries to kill Egeanin, Mat sends the Redarms to search for the sul'dam in the show. They return, with Fergin leading Pips, and say she stole a horse and is riding toward Coramen. They follow her and manage to kill her before she reaches the town (CoT, Ch. 29).
- With the arrival of the Seanchan in Jurador, Luca decides to leave the town before dawn and Mat has the Redarms hitch for his and Tuon's wagons. Fergin handles the reins of the Aes Sedai wagon and chats with Metwyn (KoD, Ch. 8).
- He leaves Luca and the show with Mat and the others (KoD, Ch. 11).
- The Redarms lead the packhorses when they rejoin with the rest of the Band (KoD, Ch. 26).
- He is killed while trying to stop the gholam after it attacks Mat outside of Caemlyn (ToM, Ch. 9).
"Fergin caught sight of Mat, and bit off an oath as his hammer missed the tent peg and hit his thumb. Dropping the hammer, he stuck the thumb in his mouth and squatted there complaining shrilly around it. 'We’re going to be out in this all night guarding those women, my Lord. Can’t you hire some of those horse handlers to do this so we can at least stay dry till we have to get wet?'" (Fergin to Mat; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 28).