Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Elenia Sarand is an older woman with honey-colored hair (TFoH, Ch. 19; LoC, Ch. 1). She has a vulpine face (LoC, Ch. 1). Morgase refers to her as "shrewish" (TFoH, Ch. 19). She has a reputation of being a termagant (LoC, Ch. 1).
Elenia knows a lot about Andor's history, and she seldom misses a chance to point out this fact, especially in areas where not much is known (LoC, Ch. 1). During the Succession, she opposed Morgase, wanting the throne for herself (TFoH, Ch. 19). She can trace thirty-one lines back to Ishara, the first queen of Andor (LoC, Ch. 26).
- Elenia is one of Gaebril/Rahvin's lackeys and spends time with him at the Royal Palace in Andor (TFoH, Ch. 19).
- Elenia answers some of Rand's questions about Andoran history (LoC, Ch. 26).
- When word reached Andor about Colavaere's coronation in Cairhien, Elenia proclaimed for the Lion Throne before midday. Dyelin has her imprisoned, along with Naean, who also proclaimed for the Lion Throne (ACoS, Ch. 7).
- Arymilla rescues Elenia and Naean, who are then forced to support her for the throne (WH, Ch. 7; CoT, Ch. 11).
- Elenia still has plans to take the Lion Throne. In return for helping her get away from Arymilla, Naean agrees to support Elenia for the throne (CoT, Ch. 15).
- She is captured with the rest of those supporting Arymilla when staying to end the siege of Caemlyn. She is unable to support Elayne as she has published her support of Arymilla (KoD, Ch. 32).
- Her house us unable to pay a ransom and Elayne strips her and the house of titles and estates (ToM, Ch. 50).
- Elayne offers her estates in Cairhien (ToM, Ch. 51).
Nasin, the High Seat of House Caeren, is a bit crazy and thinks that he and Elenia are betrothed. Elenia thinks to herself that if any of his men harmed her, Nasin would have them all hanged. Elenia hates him (CoT, Ch. 15).
Elenia only supports Arymilla for the Lion Throne because she was forced to. She thinks that Arymilla is a pea-brained ninny and intends to see her dead (CoT, Ch. 15).
- Most of the Andoran nobles with Rand look ready to sick up whenever Rand mentions the Forsaken since he told them that Gaebril was really Rahvin (LoC, Ch. 1).
- Jarid Sarand supports Elenia for the throne even after she is captured (WH, Prologue).
- Arymilla is keeping Elenia and Jarid apart (CoT, Ch. 15).
- Elenia takes considerable pride in being able to produce a smile for any situation (CoT, Ch. 15).
- Elenia intends to kill both Arymilla and Nasin Caeren (CoT, Ch. 15).
"There has never been a swordsman like you in the history of Andor. Even Souran Maravaile, who was Artur Hawkwing's greatest general and husband to Ishara, first to sit on the Lion Throne, even he died when confronted by only four swordsmen. Assassins, in the twenty-third year of the War of the Hundred Years. Though he did kill all four." (Elenia to Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 1)
"There is always the difficulty of knowing your enemies before they make themselves known. It is often too late, then." (Elenia to Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 1)
"I have no plans to escape; none at all. Matters might change, of course. Who can say? If they do, I make you this promise, under the Light and by my hope of rebirth, I will not leave without you. If, that is, I have in my possession a letter written in your own hand, signed and sealed, in which you explicitly repudiate your support of Marne, of your own free will, and swear the support of House Arawn to me for the throne. Under the Light and by your hope of rebirth. Nothing less will do." (Elenia to Naean; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 15)