Director of Community Outreach
The Director of Community Outreach has all responsibilities inherent in that position, such as working with other Directors and Officers, providing counsel to other Executives when asked, and managing the Department of Community Outreach. It is responsible for promoting holidays, philanthropic activities and Wheel of Time themed festivals.
Position Level: Executive
Department: Department of Community Outreach
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
Chain of Command
The Director of Community Outreach reports directly to the Keeper.
The Community Care Coordinator, Outreach Activities Coordinator, Servant of All Coordinator and Community Outreach Staff all report directly to the Director. The Outreach Activities Team also report to the Director through the Outreach Activities Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles the selection and training of admins and staff in the Department.
- Keeps track of all of the community's philanthropic efforts, both the progress of things planned and the members who contribute.
- Helps plan and execute all of our community's philanthropic efforts including fundraising, scholarship, Feast of Lights, etc.
- Is on the lookout for new charities and ways of giving back to our communities, online and offline.
- Performs standard Executive things, such as providing counsel to the Officers when needed, and completing monthly reports.
- Works to broadcast and advertise our philanthropic efforts via the Outreach Activities Team and any other available method.
- Provide regular reports to the Keeper and Amyrlin Seat on the status of projects.
- Is flexible and able to handle/work around emergencies.
- Must be a hard-working, driven, and creative self-starter. This position involves a lot of coming up with new ideas, implementing and motivating members to participate. The ability to adhere to a set schedule and firm deadlines is necessary.
- Tact and discretion are a must.
- Must be willing and able to spend at least 15 hours a week handling Department issues, and more when large fundraisers or charity drives are going on.
- Must currently be a Senior Member for at least one year and be in good standing.
- Must be knowledgeable about philanthropic/charitable organizations and endeavors.
- Must be able to access the boards, or at least email, on a regular basis. This position handles many of our signature efforts in the Wheel of Time community, and is not one where absences of weeks (or even days depending on what's going on) will be workable.
- Must have a passion for the philanthropic efforts of our community. We want you to dream big and motivate us all to achieve those dreams!
- While not required, prior experience with fundraising and charity drives is a big plus. Please detail any such experience in your application.
This position was transitioned from the role of Director of Philanthropy after the 2011 Admin Meeting, with the existing Director of the Department of Philanthropy taking on the role of director of the new department.
Directors of the Department of Community Outreach
- Elia LePhant: August 21, 2019 - present