Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- A month before the Horn is stolen, he fought at Tarwin's Gap and saved Lord Agelmar from Trollocs after Agelmar's horse went down (TGH, Ch. 9).
- When Egwene and Rand went to the dungeons where Padan Fain was held, Changu was on guard with Nidao (TGH, Ch. 3).
- He disappeared when Fain left, which is later discovered when the people in the keep are counted (TGH, Ch. 9).
- He was hung up on a stoneoak not far away from the River Erinin and skinned alive by the Trollocs that left with Fain. When Rand and the group that was to retrieve the Horn of Valere saw him and Nidao, they took them down and buried them (TGH, Ch. 10).
- Changu told jokes the first time Egwene saw him, but he grew meaner and more sullen every time she came to the dungeons (TGH, Ch. 3). This is the effect Fain has on the people around him.
- After Fain escaped from the dungeons, Rand was relieved that he does not recognize the guards who had been on duty then. It would have made it worse for him had he known them, even had they been Changu and Nidao. (TGH, Ch. 6)
- He always stayed together with Nidao, no matter if they had to trade their watch or do extra duty (TGH, Ch. 9).
"You'll want some light, won't you," Changu said, "in there in the dark with your Darkfriend friend." He laughed, coarse and humorless, and lit the lamp. "He's waiting for you." (Changu to Egwene; The Great Hunt, Chapter 3)
"At first Rand thought the figures hanging by their arms from the thick gray limbs of the stoneoak were scarecrows. Crimson scarecrows. Then he recognized the two faces. Changu, and the other man who had been on guard with him. Nidao. Eyes staring, teeth bared in a rictus of pain. They had lived a long time after it began." (Rand; The Great Hunt, Chapter 10)