Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- Alviarin tells Elaida to give Chubain the order of increasing recruiting for the Tower Guards (ACoS, Prologue). With her later position of power, Alviarin has Elaida issue the order (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Elaida intends to replace Chubain with Gareth Bryne once she has won over the rebel's army (KoD, Ch. 2).
- Chubain tells Saerin that the Tower Guard is next to useless so she tells him to change their tactics (TGS, Ch. 41).
- He notices that the Seanchan are breaking off some of their attacks to focus on the novice quarters (TGS, Ch. 41.
- After the Tower is reunified, he remains in control of the Tower guard (ToM, Ch. 3).
- He is initially hostile towards Gawyn, until Gawyn reassures him he doesn't want Chubain's position (ToM, Ch. 5).
- When Gawyn disturbs one of the Bloodknives at Egwene's door, Chubain gives him one of the Bloodknives (ToM, Ch. 23
- He fights in the Last Battle (AMoL, Ch. 37)
"Jimar Chubain knows enough to guard against me sneaking men in aboard ships. He has more of the Guards crowded into the harbors than anywhere except at the bridge towers, and not many anywhere else, so far as I can learn." (Gareth Bryne to Egwene; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 16)
"An inconsequential wound, Saerin Sedai, in the glory of a fight such as this" (The Gathering Storm, Chapter 41).
"The Tower Guard is next to useless in this fight. With the Seanchan using those....monstrous women, we can barely reach them before being ripped to pieces or blasted to ashes" (To Saerin, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 41)