Brown Holiday Themes
- 1 Past Themes
- 2 Suzanne Day
- 3 Birthday Sigs
- 4 Valentine's Day
- 5 Feast of Lights
- 6 2019
- 7 2018
- 8 2017
Suzanne Day is the official holiday of the Brown Ajah. These are the sig banners and badges that are used each year.
This theme was used several years in a row, with most people keeping the same image.
These are some miscellaneous avatars and sigs from various different years.
Rude AF Hedges
I make hedges. What the f*** else is there to say? You said you were having a garden party, so I decorated it for you dipsh**s.
I'm the master hedginator, her hedginess, the big hedge.
Behold my perfect creations. If you don't like them you can go f*** yourself.
Maintaining the Tower Fundraiser
The Tower is mysteriously sinking, and we need your help! We're calling on the Ogier to help us straighten the Tower before it disappears into the ground.
Become an Ogier by making a donation to the Fundraiser and donning your custom edited Ogier avatar and sig badge!
Hogwarts Houses: Deletyrani House
Deletyrani House draws to it those who combine beauty and villainy. Its members have a dark sense of humor and even darker plans for life as we know it.
Of course, some of its members would say they aren’t evil, just misunderstood. But that never stopped anyone from destroying the world, did it?
House Name: Deletyrani
Head of House: Ursula
Mascot: The Siren
Motto: All shall love us and despair!
House Colors: Brown and Silver
Sorting Hat Verse: Beguiling Deletyrani is known for brains and charm / But if they are your enemy, you're sure to come to harm!
- Alenya: My wand is 12" long and made of ash that is found in the Spine of the World. The core is the heartstring of a grolm, making it a hearty wand suited for dueling. It is slightly flexible, like its wielder.
- Alexstrasza: My wand is 14 inches long, as longer wands tend to be drawn to more dramatic personalities. It is made of peach wood, which tends to favor dark wizards because of the poisonous fruit of that tree. It has a Darkhound claw core which, because of the curious effects of Darkhound footsteps on the ground they tread, is particularly suited to Transfiguration. It is slightly springy, indicating a balance between adaptability and determination.
- Elia: My wand is 12.5 inches long, and is skinny and sinuous like a snake. It is made from a mysterious black material taken from the realm of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn. The material is hard and dense, feeling quite heavy in the hand. The surface is covered in tiny scales that shift and glitter in the light, making it look like moving snake skin. Its core is made of hair from the Aelfinn. This wand is perfect for someone who masters concealment and shapeshifting. It is particularly strong for transfiguration.
- Eluial: 10 inches, on the dot. Made of mahogany harvested from the base of the Dragonmount, perfect for transfiguration. A most unusual core, it contains a single hair from the head of the Dragon himself, Rand al'Thor.
- Loraella: My wand is 13 and a 1/4 inches long. It is made of white oak and contains one hair from the tail of a mare named Bela entwined with one hair from a fox luke creature. It's an unusual core but it's perfect as it is both loyal and widely. My wand is semi-flexible and very stubborn. It has a will of its own and suits me just fine.
- Serenla: 10 3/4 inches long, slightly springy. Made from sky broom wood. Core contains a sliver of bone from a Darkhound. Particularly good with Air and Fire.
- Stasia: My wand is 13 1/8 inches long, made of extremely rigid Malkieri blackwood, with a to’raken wing core. It is particularly suited to charms and hexes, particularly ones that affect the mind; surprisingly, it also lends itself well to transfiguration. It can be stubborn at times and takes an immensely strong mental force to yield in some circumstances.
- Thaddius: My wand is 24 inches long. The Core of it is made up of half the light of the world. The shell of the wand is made of Two River's Oak with an intricate golden dragon snaking around the wand from base to tip. As you cast spells with it you can hear the howling of wolves. Casting any black magic has a chance of making your hand blow off so you gotta be careful with it. If needed since Two River Oak is so sturdy, you can also beat people with this large wand.
- Venric: My wand is 13 inches long, as longer wands tend to favor dramatic types and nobody casts an avada ke-drama without Dumbledore. The wood is from a burning bush and the core is derived from a gara venom gland, which both enhance the casting of sick burns. It is very rigid, and has a dark and traumatic history...
- Zashara: My wand is 13 inches long. It is made of wood from blighted trees - regardless of what those trees were before, they're blight trees now. The core is a strand of hair from shaidar haran himself. This wand has taint so strong it will corrupt all who touch it. What else would the dark one use?
"Make you Aes Sedai"
Dragon*Con Wheel of Time Track
Once upon a time,
I was asked to make a rhyme.
I was young and at university,
When I became thirsty.
A friend offered me a drink,
And allowed me to ponder and think.
It turned out we both loved books,
And shared secret looks.
We talked often of the Wheel of Time,
And she convinced me the site was fine.
I read up on the history,
And Eleyan’s work made me enlisty.
Therefore I made a profile
And stayed a while.
Tar Valon - a set of haikus
Tar Valon dot net
A site Eleyan founded
Many years ago
I found it myself
An ad on Dragonmount’s site
Thankful to this day
Means so much to me- friends here
Are family now
I've said it once, I've said it twice
I've scribbled it a hundred times
You'd think that that would suffice
But here we are again - with rhymes.
I was young and bored and deeply geeky
And here was a thing Eleyan made
Now I'm older and slightly more creaky
And I couldn't be happier that I (eventually) stayed.
A final verse to clarify the first one's allusion
I suck at rhyming so this is a nonsensical but deeply important bit
And then the next to last line, building up to the conclusion:
Yenie made me do it.
Enter if You Dare
Black Tower Day
Browns are bringing the colors of Spring to TarValon.net this year in the most epic way possible.
All the colors brought forth in the form of the only true hue sucking abyss and all its glory.
Glitter Free Week
Headless of State
Hear ye! Hear ye! The Headless Heads of State are here to share our fate to a headless state. We are all monarchs or rulers who lost their heads through betrayal, treason, or nefarious deeds.
We are led by Henry VIII - the mad Cleaver of Heads, who waits to grace us all with her bloody axe.
With the emergence of the giant vegetables this Beltine, the Brown Ajah finally reveals their true selves! They don't just keep dust bunnies as pets, THEY ARE BUNNIES! They are now here to eat the veggies.