Annouk Vinkona Úlfanna
|Annouk Vinkona Úlfanna|
|Join Date||September 9, 2004|
|Bonded to||Tel Jagin|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: September 9, 2004
- Joined Tower: December 16, 2004
- Raised Accepted: May 4, 2005
- Aspired to the White Ajah:
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 14, 2005
Other Tower Relationships
- Euro Party 2005 - Gothenburg, Sweden
- Summer Euro Party 2006 - Skipton, Yorkshire, England
- Summer Euro Party 2007 - Driebergen, The Netherlands
- Unofficial Summer Euro Party 2010 - Rauenberg-Rotenberg, Germany. Note, this was not an official TarValon.Net party
February 14, 2008
- What is your Tower name?
Annouk Vinkona Úlfanna
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the White Ajah?
- Why did you choose White?
When I was looking for my Ajah I decided that I wanted the stereotype that the Ajah stood for (in my eyes) to reflect my personality as good as possible. So the first step was to define what each Ajah stood for in my eyes. I drew my own picture of all the Ajahs; a mixture of what I knew from the books and what I knew from the Ajahs at tv.net. Then I played with it in my head and tried to decide which aspect of myself I wanted to emphasize most or what felt best. Here is a short version of how I defined the stereotypes: White: Philosophers, questioning, analyzing, interested in the world and how it works; Grey: Mediators, diplomatic; Yellow: Healers, caring women, generous and selfless; Red: (I wasn't sure about the Reds then, now I would define them as follows) Strong women with a focus on their indipendence; Blue: Adventurers, seeking the truth outside of the Tower, practical; Green: fighter and lovers, passionate women; Brown: Scholars. One of the reasons I chose White was that identified with that label the most.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books?
Honestly, I don't know anymore. I might update this question after I've re-read the books. I'm on Eye of the World and I read slowly. ;-)
- Are you like a rock and have a serene face all the time?
Well, not exactly, but I have a very "cold" temper. It is very difficult to make me mad. Whenever I am mad, I turn cold (physically sometimes) and quiet, I turn around, walk away and go to think about what happened. I only start to talk to the person who made me mad again, when I'm calm enough. I never yell, because I know that heated words usually only make things worse. So you could say that I always have a serene face. That doesn't mean that I don't make silly faces at times though. *nod*
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
My time as a citizen was exciting, I think, I don't really remember. Getting to know the big vast world that is tarvalon.net. At first I liked my time as a Novice, especially the search for my Ajah. It involved a lot of soul searching. But after I had made my decision I stayed a Novice for some more months due to different reasons and I just wanted to get it over with and be part of the White Ajah. :-P Being Accepted was way too short. I loved it.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
I've been a member since September 2004. You do the math. ;-)
- What things do you do for TV.net?
Mainly I do graphics for the White Ajah. Sigs and avatars for Holiday themes. I also did character summaries.
- How did you get to read the Series?
A friend of mine recommended the series to me. She's always very persuasive when she's convinced that I like something.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I'm bonded to Tel, Gaidin of the Dai M'Hael Company.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
I have two mentees. Kacela, who has been a Novice for about two years I think, and Emerylde, who is Accepted an aspiring to the White Ajah. :-)
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Ooooh, that changes frequently. I love Nynaeve, Tuon, Mat, Moiraine and of course Lan.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Yes, I've attended several RL Functions. Two unofficial gatherings (UK in Jan 05 and my place summer 06) and three EuroParties (Sweden 05, UK 06, Netherlands 07). Of course, I liked them or I wouldn't have gone to so many. :lol
- What kind of music do you like?
I'll name bands because it is more precise than naming kinds of music: Placebo, Cake, Audioslave, Beatsteaks, Depeche Mode, Disturbed, Dredg, Foo Fighters, Kaizers Orchestra, Mad Caddies, Nikka Costa, Panteon Rococo, Queens of the Stone Age, Roisin Murphy, Seeed, System of a Down, The Cat Empire, and many more
- What are your favorite movies?
All movies by Anders Thomas Jensen, Pitch Black, The Interpreter, Brotherhood of the Wolf, LA Confidential, Playing by Heart, Fight Club, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Donnie Darko, Charlie Kaufmann movies
- What job do you have?
The company I work for is a lifestyle brand for divers (www.iq-company.com). We're quite small but have a big reputation in the European diving market. I'm responsible for our webiste / onlineshop, for cooperations with other companies, for our newsletters, our press releases and all our sales documents, advertising as well.
- Do you have a pet?
My boyfriend has a dog.
- What languages do you speak?
German, English and French.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a trucker. :)
- Randland or our world?
- Alviarin or Seaine?
Who was Seaine again? :look
- Books or movies?
Movies. Books come close, but it is movies.
- Candles or lamps?
Lamps, though I like candles, but I never get the idea to light candles for myself.
- A short bio about yourself.
Short? You kidding? I'm 27 years old and on the verge of settling down. I work in my first job after studying for five years and living in different places even if not for long. Now I've found my home 500km away from my original home (Hamburg) and I'm still deciding whether I want to stay here for longer. For... ...ever? :eek