The Tower in 2011
The major events at TarValon.Net in 2011.
- Main article: 2011 Annual Report
Official TarValon.Net email should be used for Tower business only. Members may not opt out of merit badges, but are not required to put badges in signature.
- Main article: 2011 Admin Meeting
Major changes include the disbanding of the Department of Community Development. The Department of Philanthropy was renamed the Department of Community Outreach and the Online Events Team will be known as the Outreach Activities Team under this Department. New special interest forums will be created and will be public, not just limited to TarValon.Net members. Guilds will be replaced with these forums and Guildmasters will be replaced by Moderators.
- Main article: 2011 Membership Survey
The 2011 Membership Survey had 212 respondents, as there were 571 members of the Tower as of January 1, 2012, this means that the respondents made up 37% of the Tower population.
A Membership Clean Up was completed in 2011. 116 members were removed from our active rolls during this process. The new Who’s Who was launched publicly in 2011.
- Main article: 2011 Raisings
Thirty people were raised Aes Sedai, with the Green Ajah being the most popular Ajah with twelve new members. Fourteen people were raised Gaidin, with Mahdi'in d'ma Dieb being the most popular company with five new members.
- Main article: 2011 Bondings
Twenty couples were bonded in the Light. Fourteen of these were into the Green Ajah and seven involved a member of Dai M'Hael. Six bonds were dissolved.
- Main article: 2011 Demotions
Eleven people demoted this year.
- Main article: Feast of Lights Charity Drive 2011
The organization supported by this drive was Room to Read, which combats illiteracy. The total raised was $1,830.
- Main article: 2011 Online Events
- Bel Tine: This event took place between March 18 - 27.
- Junior Member Summer Camp: This event took place between July 7 - August 10.
- Sunday: This event took place between June 17 - 28.
- Shaoman: This event took place between October 14 - 23.
- Feast of Lights: This event took place between December 22 - January 2, 2012.
The Da'Covale auctions changed to one where bidders bid on services versus bidding on a person and having them do "whatever."
March 4-6, held in Charleston, South Carolina. Approximately 140 attendees.
April 15-17, held in Atlanta, Georgia. Eighteen members attended.
September 2-4, held in Much Wenlock, UK. Thirty eight people attended.
September 2-5, held in Atlanta, Georgia. 27 people attended.
October 21-23, held in Chattanooga, Tennessee. 44 people attended.
- Member of the Year: Vivianna L'antreau and Melana al'Cairera
- Philanthropists of the Year: Caerwyn Jolan and Cassie Dainar
- Volunteer of the Year: Serenla Tamowith
- Unsung Servant: Darian Coralis
- Servants of All: Kerna Shedrian and Naeris Vell'sean
- Members' Choice Awards
- Main article: Members' Choice Awards 2011
Twenty-nine Member's Choice Awards were given out.
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2011
Major changes include Leora Oldessroth replacing Dralyn Montsier as Keeper. The Amyrlin Seat also announced her resignation, with Vivianna L'antreau chosen as her replacement. The projects currently in the Department of Commmunity Development will be moved to departments where they are already most involved rather than centralized in their own department. The Department of Philanthropy will also be undergoing a transition and becoming the Department of Community Outreach. The Online Events Team will now be under the Department of Community Outreach as Outreach Activities Team and the Tar Valon Times will now be under the Marketing Department.